- Hanceville High School—Diploma—1956
- University of North Alabama—BS Degree–1960
- Faulkner University—Doctor of Humane Letters—Honorary—1986
- S. Army, 29 years: 8 ½ years active, total 29 years active and reserve.
- Retired: Lt. Colonel, Artillery. Various assignments including 82nd Airborne
- Division; 1st Special Forces Group (ABN); 173D ABN Brigade (SP); ROTC
- Instructor; Inspector General
- Served as a contract consultant for economic development to the Southeast
- Alabama Gas District over the past decade
- Director of Development—1968-1971.
St. Bernard College, Cullman, Alabama.
- Cabinet Staff to Governor George C. Wallace—1971—1979; 1983-1986.
Positions/Titles: Press Secretary; Executive Secretary; Chief of Staff; Director,
Office of International Trade and Relations; Legislative Liaison.
- Cabinet Staff to Governor James E. Folsom, Jr.—1993—1996. Position/Title: Director, Alabama Development Office ADO (same as Secretary Of Commerce). In charge of recruiting industry to Alabama. During this time, Alabama became a major automobile producing state as Mercedes Benz Chose Alabama as its USA home, followed by Honda and Hyundai.
- CEO of World Business Alabama (WBA)—1996-2009, a subsidiary of the Economic Development Partnership of Alabama, a private not for profit Organization designed to recruit business and industry to the state of Alabama. WBA became a private for profit entity in 2006.
Billy Joe Camp has enjoyed a long career of working for and with the State of Alabama. He is a graduate of University of North Alabama. He has served as a cabinet member for two Governors of Alabama, George C. Wallace and Jim Folsom, Jr. He has been director of the Alabama Development Office (ADO), President of the Alabama Public Service Commission (Statewide elected), Secretary of State (Statewide elected) and headed business development for the Economic Development Partnership of Alabama (EDPA). He is a retired US Army Officer and resides in Montgomery, Alabama.