Supplier Quality Engineer
Our products make the cars of leading car companies sparkle and shine: Bolta produces chrome plated plastic components for the automotive industry. Our product line includes a vast array of high quality items ranging from type plates to radiator grills. As a constant driver of innovation with a team of over 1700 highly specialized employees we are a global market leader in the field of chrome plating and coating of plastic components.
Jump-start your career now!
At Bolta US we work to ensure excellence, and raise the benchmark of quality in all that we do. We are constantly seeking ways to enhance our product and increase efficiency. We are looking for future team members who share our drive for excellence. In order to constantly enhance the quality of our products and continuously develop our company, we seek individuals with a distinct and exceptional focus on quality as well as fresh and exciting new ideas. An exciting field of work awaits you in the position of a:
Supplier Quality Engineer
Works to ensure a product or service provides a high level of quality that meets customer expectation.
What we offer: A challenging work environment that will allow you to grow both personally and professionally
- Carry out supplier validation audits, with supplier support and supplier advanced product quality planning (APQP). Maintain and update critical supplier audit system and schedule
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
- Lead the supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health, Safety and Environmental risks
- Support new product launches to ensure that supplier quality meets the required standards
- Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier quality issues.
- Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of correction actions of supplier quality issues
- Work with the supplier directly, create correction action plans to address process failures
- Provide concise, complete and accurate documentation of inspection results relative to area of responsibility. In appropriate functional areas, this refers to supporting inspection and test status requirements defined by regulations, engineering product specifications or Control Plans, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) approval or product warrant submission
- Facilitate the escalation of unresolved supplier quality issues within assigned projects and suppliers
- Support the Quality Manager to monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance
- Deliver training of quality awareness.
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
- Work with purchasing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances
- Develop long‐term supplier relationships and generate and implement cost reduction ideas.
What we are looking for: Individuals with excellent work ethic, and a desire to exceed expectations
- Extensive experience in quality tools and quality systems.
- Knowledge of quality and business systems
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Knowledge of TS16949 / IATF
- Understanding of ISO14001
- Ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels
- Ability to travel extensively and on short notice to support customer needs.
- Excellent attendance and the ability to work a flexible schedule are essential for this position.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position, which may include: climbing stairs/ladders, stooping, kneeling, crouching, walking, standing, and lifting. Ability to safely work in areas that are subjected to hazardous chemicals and machinery.
Physically capable of lifting, pulling, pushing up to 50 pounds without injury.
What you have found in us: An employer with top benefits including:
Health and Welfare: Excellent medical benefits.
Compensation: Competitive compensation
Retirement: 401-K with an excellent company match
Work environment: Excellent opportunities to grow and develop with the industry leader
Are you ready for the next step in your career? If so, we look forward to receiving your information.
Please apply by visiting: https://bolta.apscareerportal.com