Assembly Series Planning Engineer
SWJ Technology, LLC
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the trial process planning and ramp-up coordination of production related changes resulting from product design (i.e., model years, running changes, MOPF), volume, and continuous Improvement [Cl) measures.
- Review new product design implications through the “Change Management System” to evaluate process impact and provide feedback on process time analysis and investment requirements.
- Support the development of production-compatible components and manufacturing processes in cooperation with Research & Development (R& D), central planning, and manufacturing process areas.
- Participate in product reviews for model changes located at the company’s headquarter in Germany (overseas travel required).
- Ensure planning and preparation of assembly processes while coordinating logistics functions and supply processes.
- Performs statistical quality control. Reviews and Implements all VNAA and Q-Rel ease quality requirements measures using the controlled documentation guidelines in new product and series.
- Develop work procedures and instructions for production processes.
- Develop and Implement plans to consistently increase productivity and decrease production costs.
- Review line targets in area of responsibility and prepares plans and workshops to improve and support target KPIs set by the plant leader.
- Identify wastes in production processes, and implements improvements using Manufacturing Production Systems (MPS) and Lean Manufacturing principles and concepts.
- Prepare and manage materials, equipment, and Information resources to plan processes.
- Support the identification and resolution of manufacturability topics related, but not limited to the following: Product/process design & development, process planning, capacity planning, process documentation (i.e., work instructions), human factors, ergonomics, and safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field of study OR the equivalent combination of education and/or years of relevant working experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years professional experience in an engineering position in a manufacturing environment with a strong emphasis on project management and/or process planning.
- Ability to communicate technical information on a regular basis, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint).
- Skilled in project management.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in the automotive industry within the product and/or pre-produ tion environment.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Automotive Manufacturing Systems, and Six Sigma Design and Methodology.
- Experience implementing “Work Standardization”.
- Knowledge of system applications such as MTM analysis, AM Supply, Engineering Client 3D drawings, Proplan / Difa planning systems, and / or Dialog.
- German language skills.
- Work is normally performed in an office, laboratory, manufacturing floor, or machine shop setting where physical work includes, but is not limited to, sitting, standing, reaching, kneeling, bending, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to understand and comply with all relevant safety practices.
FLSA STATUS/WORKING SCHEDULE:
- Salary, exempt
- Good attendance and the ability to work a flexible schedule is essential for this position.
PLEASE APPLY HERE!
This job description is a high-level overview of general expectations of this position. It is not intended to list every responsibility of the position nor does it represent an employment contract of any kind.
SWJ TECHNOLOGY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.