Layout Planning Engineer
SWJ Technology, LLC
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for supporting the layout planning activities for the Greenfield build of a new 70,000 sqm Battery Plant at a large-scale Automotive OEM. This project includes all phases from initial concept to manufacturing start-up.
- Provide planning support for production at the Battery Plant, including planning of all electricity, water, wastewater, and A/C components.
- Create layout concept on-site for component testing & acceptance, rework, and analysis areas, as well as the optimal configuration of Safety & Hazard equipment.
- Participate in development discussions for layout concepts and attend alignment meetings with the IPS department to provide project status updates.
- Coordination of shared areas, resources, and services in alignment with other departments.
- Lead and support equipment integrations/installations and change management activities.
- Support tender preparation and supplier approval/selection.
- Assist with writing RFP’s for surveyors, cranes, steel construction, etc.
- Manage suppliers and ensure target goals are met for project timeline and budget.
- Participate in workflow simulations and process optimization.
- Provide manufacturing start-up support to final acceptance.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field of study OR the equivalent combination of education and/or years of relevant working experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant professional experience in a project planning role with a focus on layout concepts and/or procurement of equipment.
- Project experience in the areas of development, planning, or production management.
- Familiarity with Battery Assembly and Spec book writing.
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent English and German language skills.
- Willingness to travel internationally and domestically.
- Ability to work in a foreign country for defined time periods.
- Advanced knowledge of Jira, AutoCAD, Siemens NX, Engineering Client, and FAPLIS.
- Work is normally performed in an office, laboratory, manufacturing floor, or machine shop setting where physical work includes, but is not limited to, sitting, standing, reaching, kneeling, bending, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to understand and comply with all relevant safety practices.
FLSA STATUS/WORKING SCHEDULE:
- Salary, exempt.
- Good attendance and the ability to work a flexible schedule is essential for this position.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is a high-level overview of general expectations of this position. It is not intended to list every responsibility of the position nor does it represent an employment contract of any kind.
SWJ TECHNOLOGY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.