Lori Huguley is the Director of Economic Development for the City of Opelika and serves as Secretary to the Opelika Industrial Development Authority. Her primary responsibilities are to recruit and retain business and industry that will bring economic growth to the city. Lori was appointed to this position in June 2011. Prior to this appointment, Lori had served as the Economic Development Project Manager for the City of Opelika since June 2005.
In April of 2010, Lori became a Certified Economic Developer. This accreditation is awarded after completion of many hours of study in the field of Economic Development and passage of the Certified Economic Developer exam administered by the International Economic Development Association.
Lori currently serves as Past-President of the Economic Development Association of Alabama.
- Economic Development Association of Alabama
- Board Member
- Alabama Germany Partnership
- Opelika Chamber of Commerce
- Janus Forum
- International Economic Development Council
- Southern Economic Development Council
- Southeast US Japan Association
- Leadership Lee County
- Auburn University at Montgomery, BA Communication
- University of Oklahoma, Economic Development Institute
Children: Hayden and Abbey