EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2018
SCOPE OF POLICY
- Event/Marketing Participants – individuals who provide their information to AlabamaGermany Partnership when they register for AlabamaGermany Partnership webinars, subscribe to marketing material, participate in surveys or contests, or attend other AlabamaGermany Partnership events.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
AlabamaGermany Partnership asks for your account information which includes your name, business name, email address, physical address, phone number, credit card and bank account information (stored directly with a third party processor), and website domain. By voluntarily providing AlabamaGermany Partnership with your account information, you represent that you own and consent to our use of such personal data.
AlabamaGermany Partnership may ask for your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. Participation in events, surveys, contents, or subscribing to marketing material is voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this personal data.
At your option, AlabamaGermany Partnership asks and may collect your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. In addition, we also collect information such as web server logs, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, or other information as part of aggregated data.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
AlabamaGermany Partnership uses the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- To respond to any requests from you regarding sales and support.
- To contact you regarding any agreements or accepted terms that you may have with AlabamaGermany Partnership for their Services.
- To provide you with marketing emails, special offers, advertising campaigns, or newsletters.
- To contact you regarding functionality changes to our Services or Website.
- To develop new features and functionality to our Services and Website.
- To collect payment and bill for our Services.
- To help personalize searches.
- To diagnose problems.
- To find and prevent fraud.
- To register your domain and IP address through ARIN (American Registry for Internet Numbers).
- To carry out other purposes as disclosed to you through the Website, or found in terms or an agreement between you and AlabamaGermany Partnership.
- Process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
AlabamaGermany Partnership shares the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- Advertising – Based on the cookies and other tracking devices, we may work with advertising companies to display ads that may be of interest to you.
- Business Transactions – To provide information to a third party in the event of any disposition of all or any portion of our business (e.g. reorganization, sale, assignment, bankruptcy).
- Aggregated or De-identified Data – We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified information with third party providers for research purposes relating to our Services.
- As Required by Law or Similar Investigations – To comply with legal obligations (e.g. subpoena) or investigate potential legal violations. AlabamaGermany Partnership may be required to share personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet national security and/or law enforcement requirements.
- Safety – We may disclose your information to protect and defend the safety of AlabamaGermany Partnership in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- Consent – AlabamaGermany Partnership may share your information with your consent.
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional or marketing emails from AlabamaGermany Partnership at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link in the email received, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As outlined in the Section, Cookies and other Tracking Technologies, you can also control your cookie settings.
With respect to your account information, you may update, correct or delete information that you provided to us by contacting us at email@example.com.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
For individuals in the EEA, AlabamaGermany Partnership’s legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information collected and the specific context in which we collect it. AlabamaGermany Partnership will process personal information from you where, a) we have your consent to do so, b) where processing is necessary for AlabamaGermany Partnership to perform Services pursuant to an agreement, or c) where processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information, or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. At any time, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent. If you do not provide the requested information, AlabamaGermany Partnership will not be able to perform Services for you. Also, you have the right to object where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal information.
AlabamaGermany Partnership is a US company and stores your information in its data centers in the United States or, in limited cases, in the Netherlands. AlabamaGermany Partnership may transfer your personal information to countries other than the country in which you live. Whenever AlabamaGermany Partnership transfers personal information originating from the EEA or Switzerland to other countries not deemed adequate under applicable data protection law, it will do so on the basis of the Privacy Shield Frameworks or EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Individuals located in the EEA may have additional statutory rights available to them with respect to their personal information, including the right to access your personal information, have it erased, have it corrected, or object to or restrict processing. If you would like to make such a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within thirty (30) days. AlabamaGermany Partnership will need to verify that the individual is inquiring about his/her own information before we can assist with the request.
We will comply with such requests to the extent legally required by applicable law or the EU-US or Swiss-US Privacy Shield. For EU individuals, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Our Website and/or Services is not directed at children and our services are designed for businesses. We do not knowingly collect information from or about children under 13 years of age, and use of our services by children under 13 years of age is forbidden.
1900 International Park Drive
Birmingham, AL 35243