Process Engineer Assembly
SWJ Technology, LLC
Under general supervision, this position will support shop operations to facilitate a safe and productive process in accord with the Company’s Production System.
- Develop systems to improve process capability.
- Identify special process characteristics and their required control limits.
- Perform, maintain and develop countermeasures for potential failure mode and effects analysis.
- Develop the content of TPM inspections to assist in control of the process.
- Manage process continuous improvement projects for model changes, new technologies, process modifications and cost improvements.
- Ensure product and process integrity through implementation of MPS and daily/weekly process audits.
- Develop processes and maintain integrity with respect to safety/ergonomics, quality, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Perform process capability studies and audits as required to maintain the highest level of product quality.
- Investigate process/product problems and implement and verify effective countermeasures working in conjunction with (Group Leaders, Team Leaders, Team
- Members and SQE, PPS, EVS, PE, PCS and development departments), utilizing the problem-solving process.
- Ensure the optimal condition of equipment and processes.
- Evaluate workstation layouts, prepare standard times which were determined by evaluation of standard and empirical data and validate process times to ensure optimized process design.
- Plan and prepare for product changes and their impact on processes, equipment, tooling, etc.
- Participate in production trials with appropriate departments and verify closure of concerns.
- Assist in closing concerns generated from quality audits including GFP and CPA and from APA audits.
- Generate equipment and tooling specifications.
- Assist in training for assembly team members, team leaders and group leaders on process changes.
- Evaluate alternative production processes and assess their viability.
- Evaluate impact of engineering changes on shop processes.
- Perform error analysis and countermeasures.
- Write rework and repair procedures.
- Verify production readiness through SMP reviews.
- Prepare formal reports for the purpose of communicating problem/project status.
- Lead across functional problem-solving meetings with other departments.
- Analyze production statistics (downtime, FTC, quality concerns, and TPM).
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related field of study OR the equivalent combination of education and/or years of relevant working experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant Automotive Engineering experience or equivalent engineering experience (i.e., process, maintenance, design and /or project management).
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Very strong problem-solving skills in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within team environment.
- German language skills.
- Work is normally performed in an office, laboratory, manufacturing floor, or machine shop setting where physical work includes, but is not limited to, sitting, standing, reaching, kneeling, bending, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to understand and comply with all relevant safety practices.
FLSA STATUS/WORKING SCHEDULE:
- Salary, exempt
- Good attendance and the ability to work a flexible schedule is essential for this position
PLEASE APPLY HERE!
This job description is a high-level overview of general expectations of this position. It is not intended to list every responsibility of the position nor does it represent an employment contract of any kind.
SWJ TECHNOLOGY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.