abatAdah Group, Inc.
About the job
The candidate for this position will plan for the operations group (on the shop floor) with the responsibility to secure the reduction of processing time and manpower requirements by stabilizing and optimizing the process of receiving, storing and delivering goods with automated technology and similar devices. Define and continuously improve the operational processes to meet or exceed key performance indicators (safety, quality, delivery, cost, morale – SQDCM).
- Planning, integration, launching and modifying automated guided vehicles (AGVs) and other similar technologies (pick by light, laser scanners, RFID, etc.) with their supporting equipment and controls.
- Assist in developing necessary project processing parameters and provide AGV and system programming assistance.
- Take corrective actions and follow up on those actions through completion with the relavant parties.
- Evaluate alternative logistics processes and assess their viability with the impact to other departments.
- Ensure proper PDCA (plan, do check, act) implementation and communication in a controlled and standardized approach regarding product, process, and people and the related changes resulting from a process change and continuous improvement activities.
- Procure from and/or exchange information with partners/colleagues in the plant, the logistics service provider, suppliers, and various departments (collaborate and generate best practices and lessons learned).
- Prepare planning options, evaluate cost-efficiency, and provide analysis in a detailed business case study for management approval.
- Bachelor’s degree Supply Chain/Operations Management or Industrial/Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years experience in Manufacturing setting with proven analytical and project management skills. Experience in automated guided technology and controls.
- Technology and automation minded with a basic understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, motors, basic electricity, gearboxes and tools.
- Knowledge of industrial networks and wireless networks with ability to troubleshoot dataflow issues.
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively