SWJ TECHNOLOGY is seeking for the talents in the market for our clients.
We are looking for highly qualified Process Engineers who will be responsible for evaluating new and
existing manufacturing processes, configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve
sustainability and develop best practices within the production process. They would also be responsible for
creating, documenting, developing, and implementing the procedures required to assemble, test process and
• Developing, evaluating, improving, and documenting current and future manufacturing processes.
• Improve efficiency of processes through lean manufacturing tools.
• Analyze data and identify root causes of defects. Provide corrective actions in order to improve
particular process or product yield.
• Developing and implementing process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing
• Analyzing manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancement of quality, cost
reduction and throughput.
• Assist in developing P.F.M.E.A. / F.M.E.A. / P.C.P / and P.F. D’s
• Conferring with vendors in determining product specifications and arranging equipment, parts,
material purchase, and evaluating products accordingly to quality standards and specifications.
• Estimating staffing requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for
• Working closely with manufacturing department to develop, coordinate, and implement technical
training for employees.
• Designing and developing manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new
products, and related fixtures and tooling that are consistent with zero defect level and low
• Providing engineering support in production department to trouble shoot and resolve technical
• This position works with minimal supervision, this position also concerns itself with confidential
• Attends meetings as needed to support organization activity.
• Interfaces with customers as required.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to achieve corporate and departmental objectives.
• Supporting company policies and procedures, goals and objectives, and good manufacturing
• Assist the Health & Safety team in the design and implementation of ergonomic projects
• Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety,
Quality and Environmental Systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology and/or 3 – 5
years of various manufacturing processes (stamping, fabrication, welding, assembly, etc.) and
tooling experience (in automotive environment is preferred)
• Strong understanding of robotics, control systems and machine operation and troubleshooting
• Strong knowledge of Resistance Welding (Medar/Bosch), Projection and Mig Welding (GMAW
• Working knowledge / understanding of Drawn Arc stud welding (Emhart)
• Working knowledge / understanding of SPR (Self Piercing Rivet) process would be an asset
• Excellent communication skills (English written and oral).
• Excellent time management and work organizational (prioritization) skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve new and unique problems.
• Highly proficient with the full Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Access PowerPoint, Outlook,
• Advanced knowledge of SPC
• Knowledge of process evaluation, time study, statistical methods analysis,
• Knowledge in CAD: 3D Models, SPC, drawings and GD&T an asset
• Periodic travel required throughout North America
• Experience in the automotives industry.
• Work is normally performed in an office, laboratory, manufacturing floor, or machine shop
setting where physical work includes, but is not limited to, sitting, standing, reaching, kneeling,
bending, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
• Must be able to understand and comply with all relevant safety practices.
FLSA STATUS/WORKING SCHEDULE:
• Location: Alabama
• Schedule: Day Shift
• Core Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm / Monday – Friday
• Weekly Overtime: If Needed
• Weekend Work: If Needed
• Travel: None
• Assignment Start: ASAP
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Process Engineer as
This job description is a high-level overview of general expectations of this position. It is not intended to
list every responsibility of the position, nor does it represent an employment contract of any kind.
SWJ TECHNOLOGY and all of its subsidiaries (i.e., NGE EQUIPMENT and ProjectOne US) are Equal Opportunity
Employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.