Procurement Representative, USA (Full-Time)
Diehl is one of the leading partners of major international aircraft manufacturers in the areas of systems and cabins. Renowned aircraft manufacturers like Airbus, Boeing, Embraer as well as international airlines are among our clients.
Our Customer Service Center Americas in Sterrett, Alabama advises and supports our customers in the region when it comes to problem analysis, error and problem resolution, logistics matters as well as performing any rework or finishing and modification of components from our portfolio. https://www.diehl.com/aviation/en/diehl-aviation/company/sites
As the Procurement Representative, you will be managing and coordinating all US procurement activities in close cooperation with responsible Commodity Managers. You will also be proactively supporting the selections and qualifications of suppliers in America/Mexico.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribution to the development and implementation of the US procurement strategy in close cooperation with the Vice President Procurement.
- Cascading of relevant requirements to the US suppliers (e.g. quality assurance requirements for suppliers, individual quality assurance agreements).
- Supports and conducts negotiations with the US suppliers (prices, terms, contracts, etc.) in close cooperation with the responsible Commodity Manager.
- Ensuring contract compliance by the US suppliers, evaluating the compliance matrix, performing regular contract reviews.
- Planning, preparation, implementation and follow-up of supplier audits and assessments in the USA in close cooperation with the responsible Supplier Quality Manager.
- Joint evaluation of the monthly Score Card with the US suppliers as well as definition and implementation of resulting measures.
- Monthly reporting to the Procurement Management Team in Germany.
- For new products, implementation of quality planning measures (APQP) with the US suppliers, as part of the product engineering process (PEP).
- For serial products, implementation of improvements in accordance with applicable quality methods (APQP, Lean, Kaizen, 6-Sigma, etc.).
- Identification of measures for long-term US supplier development in coordination with the Supplier Quality Managers and Commodity Managers.
- Demonstrates track record of success in large, complex international companies.
- Ability to drive results (beat market, plan and constant cover as deliverables to the business)
- Ability to negotiate price, terms and volume levels with suppliers.
- Leads negotiation efforts on purchase agreements and vendor contracts while delivering quality on time supply, service, cost containment, and process improvement.
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
Minimum 5 years of experience in similar position required
The ability to communicate in German language is a “Plus”
50%-60% Travel is required, both domestic and internationally
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a competitive base salary and extensive benefits. We also offer extensive additional benefits such as a SIMPLE IRA match, comprehensive health benefits, and generous paid time off. Relocation support possible.
Please email your application to:
Human Resources Manager